Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Inspired by Pinterest


Like almost everyone else on the face of the earth, I am hooked on Pinterest!  I pinned this image ages ago, and just have not been able to get it out of my head.  






Then I found this one, and fell in love with painted sticks all over again.





So, I started here, with some naked sticks from my son's "stick collection".  Every household had a stick collection, right?




I got going with acrylic paint and some white puffy paint and before long, I had five sticks painted!




I love seeing them sprouting from my shady urn for now, but I am sure they will be relocated as soon as I get my flowers planted in here.



Have you painted sticks?  If so, what did you do with them?   I can see a lot of painted sticks in my future... 


3 comments:

  1. I have painted sticks and I have shown others how to do it. But, first I helped them out by sanding down 12 long sticks (about 7 - 8 foot high). What a job! It took me a week during my space time. Then I sealed them all and painted the dried sealed sticks with gesso. I am an artist and simply cannot put out work that isn't properly prepared! The workshop was full and thoroughly enjoyed. I am not sure where the sticks are now but everyone was very happy with their sticks. See my website, events page, for photos.........www.mariasieben.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspiration! They turned out great. I have a bundle of bamboo from my mom's yard and I've been thinking about painting them and putting out on my condos little back yard patio. I've made painted sticks to hang jewelry and liked they turned out pretty well, but I think the bamboo will be easier to paint because the surface is so smooth. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do I keep the paint on the poles , so I can put them in my garden ? And do I mix the paint with a pouring medium please ? I'm very new at this. So Tia x

    ReplyDelete